- Second Life = Real Life. Second Life is a just a virtual version of the real world with the same business models, customer needs and behavior. WRONG
- Second Life = the world wide web.
Like on the web, users in Second Life will visit my island to get information about my company/institution. WRONG
- It's easy to make money in Second Life. Second Life will, in a short time, grow my company profits or allow me a comfortable side income. WRONG
- We know what works in Second Life and in what direction the future will take it. WRONG
- It's useful for me/my company/my institution to start getting acquainted with Second Life. RIGHT
I'd like to finish this post by adding some links to articles/resources that can also be useful when discussion Second Life and virtual worlds:
- Information Week: Five Rules For Bringing Your Real-Life Business Into Second Life
- Eight questions your company should ask when entering virtual worlds
- Second Life: What Do We Learn If We Digitize EVERYTHING?
- MPK20: Sun's virtual Workplace
- IBM in the Metaverse
- Virtual Entrepreneurship in Second Life: the New Pioneers
And what are in your experience the most common myths and misconceptions you have to deal with when talking about Second Life?
Note: This is just an archive post. The blog has moved to a new home at blog.ialja.com, where you will also find a copy of the entire blog.